One Mom's Personal Journey...Back To Herself!

Chip Time - Hold the Guacamole!
I signed up for the timed race! I've committed to pushing myself and facing fears this year so I just "did it". Of course, I am banking on the fact that there will probably be a lot of other people running their first 5k too. My plan is to stay to the back and sides of the pack and try not to piss anyone off or embarrass myself.

The race will be chip timed. I was excited to learn what "chip time" is because I really want to know my final race time so I can use that as a point of reference for future races. Apparently the chip is attached to my race number and a mat at the start and finish lines will record my time. This method of timing is more accurate because it doesn't measure time based upon when the gun or horn goes off but when you personally cross the mat.

I am in my final week of 5K 101 training and yesterday I ran the planned 30 minutes and then just kept going until I ran for 34 minutes  - because I liked the song playing on my ipod.

I love music and using my ipod is so incredibly motivating! My favorite song to run to right now is The Veronica's "Untouched". I also love AC/DC "Thunderstruck", David Bowie "Modern Love", Boston "Foreplay/Long Time", U2 "Where the Streets Have No Name", Motley Crue "Girls, Girls, Girls". Yes I grew up in the 80's! Woo hoo....still love those hair bands!
Labels: , , edit post
3 Responses
  1. lavenderdiva Says:

    Love your playlist! I love the 80's songs too- Congratulations on increasing your run time-


  2. Anonymous Says:

    I admit to be an 80s girl, too. I have some Tears For Fear and such on my Ipod.

    I'm one week from my first 5k, just got my number yesterday. I'm sooo excited and nervous!


  3. helderheid Says:

    I'm a total 80s girl too! HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME! I am envious!