One Mom's Personal Journey...Back To Herself!

R2 VLCD 20 - Wax Balls!
I knew you guys would read this if I mentioned balls in the tag line! Naughty! Naughty!

Seriously, my mouth and teeth have been so raw and sore this last week. Thank goodness for the wax that they give you to roll up and put on your braces. My mouth has finally mostly recovered. Although, I have to learn to eat again.

Protocol is tough with braces. I have been trying to make soups and I ended up trying to eat scrambled eggs and tofu just to get some protein. I had the shakes so bad by the third day. I ended up making a really yummy cucumber, cilantro, garlic and lime soup.

I went to the store the other day and I was famished by the time I got in the car to drive home. I love pink lady apples and I eat them almost every day. (You cannot eat apples without cutting them up when you have braces.) I had to laugh at myself when I tried to eat the apple while driving home. I kept gnawing and gnawing but I couldn't get a bite off. It was like a beaver gnawing on a steel pipe!

I put the apple in the fruit bowl when I got home. My husband picked it up and said, "what the hell happened to this apple?" I looked at it perplexed and said "I dunno, looks like a beaver got ahold of it!".

My weight is not dropping off this round. As a matter of fact I am still hovering between 155 and 154. The weight I ended at on round one. I am trying to stay on protocol and not blow it because I don't want to have to work off the 6 lbs I have lost - again.

Since this protocol is call Pounds & Inches I took my measurements yesterday. I found out that even though I am at the same weight I have lost almost 5 combined inches off my arms, legs, hips, waist and chest. A little encouragement I needed.

This round I tried Ovidac and last round I used Hucog. This morning I ordered some more Hucog to see if that is the difference. Always thinking and wondering why things work the way they do on this diet. I am taking a couple days off from injections because TOM will be here soon anyway. I'm hoping Hucog will show up in time to start injections again. Maybe the second vial of Ovidac will be good for re-shaping.

Hope you are all well!
4 Responses
  1. lavenderdiva Says:

    My heart goes out to you with your braces! I wore braces for SO many years growing up-- almost 10 years! We kept moving, so I kept having to change orthodontists, and none of them wanted to do what the previous Dr. had started. HOWEVER. I now have a nice smile, but really should wear my retainer more. You are going to have a beautiful smile too!!! It will all be worth it. I still eat my apples cut up! I love fresh corn, and would cut it off the cobb so I could eat it too. I couldn't eat oranges- too stringey.

    Hang in there with the hcg. How are you mixing? Are you drinking enough water? Have you had any PA (poop action)? Is it close to your TOM? I'm just trying to think of all the reasons you may be hitting a slump.

    You ARE losing inches, and the pounds will come off too. Just keep at it!

    Hugs to you!


  2. Lol....see always thinking on this diet! I'm doing injections so I mixed my first Ovidac 5000iu vial/20 inj and refrigerated it. I do 250iu/.20ml per day. I do mini mixing where I use less bact water since that worked better for me. I'm doing everything else protocol (except tofu a couple days) so it may just be an old weight plateau. The weird thing is I lose on skip days. TOM is due soon. BM's are good. Just a good example of the "inches". Not giving up and not discouraged ;)


  3. helderheid Says:

    Glad to hear you're not discouraged! I love that it's pounds AND inches. :)


  4. K Says:

    Don't get discouraged - the lost inches is an excellent motivator. Maybe you could puree the apple and mix in a bit of melba toast with it?? I know what you mean about not wanting to gain back the pounds that are lost from the loading. That's what is keeping me going is not wanting to gain those loading pounds back. Say strong and carry on!