One Mom's Personal Journey...Back To Herself!

R2.5 VLCD 12 151.8 - Couch Removed from Ass!
I was on the cusp of breaking into the 140's and then....a few things happened. I went out to a family dinner and indulged a smidge. I ate a few bites of my husband's pizza and had a glass of wine. I only gained .6 from that but now I'm ovulating and......

I finally started the Couch to 5k program. It is not recommended that you begin an exercise regimen in P2 - I know that! However, there is something more important to me than doing what I'm told right now - that is doing what I want! The Susan G. Komen in September.

For the last several years I have watched it sail by as I sat on the sidelines wishing I was in better shape and able to run a 5k. No more lusting after 5k's. No more beating myself up. This year I will just do it! I have to start training.

So yesterday I put on my fancy running shoes I bought a couple months ago and I blew the dust off the treadmill. I had my own princess cheerleader (fully adorned in purple satin dress and pink sparkling crown) who stood by exclaiming, "you are doing it mommy, good job". Of course her cheers turned to "get off there mommy, stop it" after a while.....but I had my new boyfriend (ipod) on so I just pointed to my earphones and yelled "I can't hear you sweetie" really loud. I kept going....and yelling and playing dumb.

I was following one of the Couch to 5k programs. The one I was looking at started with a 5 min walk, then 2 min jog, 5 min walk. but I decided to start by pushing a little to run for 3 min instead of 2. After 3 min I kinda expected the ol' stitch in the side and to eventually collapse, fall on the treadmill and ziiiipppppp bamm! Hit the wall.

After a warm up and moderate jogging for 3 min I thought....coool I'm doing it......4 min....seriously!.......5 min.......wtf???.......6 min.....huh?.....7 min.....maybe I should stop?? So I did. I wasn't uncomfortable, I just knew the program did a little interval switch up at 6 min so I thought maybe I should stop there. I didn't want to over do it. I did my 5 min cool down along with some light upper body strength training with my 5lb dumbbells.

This morning I was rewarded with a +1.8lb on the scale. I expected it. As always, this diet is mind over matter or psychology over flabalanche and the best advice I can give is this.....SHAKE IT OFF, CHECK YOUR ATTITUDE AND KEEEP GOING!! I will stay on P2 until the end of July even though I am training now.

Speaking of going. Another motivating factor for me is that the weekend after Susan G. we are going to Vegas for our anniversary. I want to be toned and fit. I also decided that (along the lines of pushing myself and facing fears this year) I am going to do the Sky Jump off the Stratosphere!
Labels: , , edit post
5 Responses
  1. lavenderdiva Says:

    Wow! I love your attitude! You are fearless & focused! You're gonna see the 140's very soon!! Keep going!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Keep in mind the gain is from water retention needed to repair muscles during exercise. This is a good thing! It will disappear in a day or so...I know you don't want to see the scale go up and you are doing right to shake it off and keep going.


  3. helderheid Says:

    Exactly what AR said - you're going to look soooooooo good when you get to Vegas!!


  4. Yea, thanks :) It felt really good to run again!


  5. Meli Says:

    You GO GIRRRRRL!