One Mom's Personal Journey...Back To Herself!

Get Ready to Run! Shoes and Bras
Quick hCG update. Weight fluctuating between 155.6 to 157.2 depending on what I eat. As I have read elsewhere - dairy and fat do make you gain and bloat. I have indulged in a few no no's. I HAD A MOCHA! Gasp!!!

Yesterday I went to a specialty store for running shoes. I was petrified - I had heard they would make you run on a treadmill in front of the sales clerks. I envisioned a co-ed audience standing around staring at me- not my favorite! For one, I have huge boobs! There, I said it. I do not like being the center of attention. In school I always sat in the back with the stoners and never answered questions.

I had a big girl talk with myself before I entered the store. "Listen, if you are going to be serious about running, get the most appropriate shoe and spend $140, then you can't be a pussy about running on the treadmill in front of people! ......Fine!!!"

It's never as bad as I make it out to be. There was only 1 woman who had me WALK on the treadmill in my socks. She video taped my gait to observe if I had either over, under or neutral pronation. I also showed her my list, my old shoes and told her that I was thinking I needed a "stability" shoe. She agreed.

I tried on and discussed several different shoes and ended up purchasing a pair of Nike Triax 13. I only paid $90 and a bonus is- they are girlie and pink! Now to set a start date for Couch to 5k. I'm thinking walking will be best until we get back from vacation.

I am having a really hard time finding a bathing suit due to the aforementioned large breast issue. After I purchased my running shoes I went to a specialty shop for lingerie and bathing suits. I wanted to get fitted for a bra other than by the Victoria Secret - bimbos (sorry bimbos).

Long story long....I was excited to be able to go to Victoria Secret again and went there the other day to find they don't carry larger than a DD cup. However, for the sake of sales they are more than happy to give you a line of B.S. and ship you off in an ill fitting bra!

Soooooo, I had a fitting by a reputable shop I have gone to for years and found out I am still a 34G! As in 34 DDDD! I am only 5.4" (Well 5.4" and a half - and I do count the half!) No wonder I can't find a bathing suit! I'm going to have to order one on-line. Maybe after that I will grow some cajones and post "after" pics. I am still trying to grow some!
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Holy brassiere! I'm the same height with 1/8 of your bustline. I couldn't even imagine....I was toying with idea of surgery until I noticed gals in the gym doubling up on sports bra to run. I haven't gave it a second thought since....

    I do need to go to a specialty store for a pair of quality running shoes. Thank you for the description (and expense) of your experience.

    AR


  2. Meli Says:

    I hear ya! I wear a 36 DDD (or 36E) am 5 ft 4.5 inches, weigh 138 lbs (thanks to HCG). The only way I found I could do it was to look for a two piece (one with a shirt and skirt type). I finally ended up using a bathing suit skirt/bottom and a workout tank top. Looked just like a bathing suit! :)