One Mom's Personal Journey...Back To Herself!

R1 P3 D16 157.4 Moving along....
Current: 157.4 +/- LIW: +1.8

Yesterday I finally got back down to 155 again. It took a steak day, followed by a chicken day and then 2 days of clean eating to get my weight or water retention down. TOM showed up when I was trying out my protein days so that just made it harder. Anyway, I lost 1.4 on my first real steak day.

Last night we went to a steak house we haven't been to in a long time. It really grossed me out. The stench of grease was disgusting. Lauren wouldn't even eat the fries - that oughta tell ya right there. Told my husband I was sorry but I didn't think I would go there again. I came home and chugged a ton of lemon water, green tea and dandelion tea.

My poor baby has a UTI and I took her to the Naturopath yesterday after a fever spike and urinating burning sensation on Thursday night. I have been pumping her full of vitamins, cranberry juice, lemon water, probiotics, and Apis from the ND. The stevia is good at getting her to drink the juices. We are trying to allow her body to fight it off and I DO NOT want to give her antibiotics and wipe out all the work we have done repairing her immune system. Antibiotics are on stand by in the fridge. I am keeping a very close eye on her.

The last time we went to the M.D. it was for a chest cold. Before the appointment I told her the M.D. needed to listen to her cough. (I always try to tell her what we are doing and what to expect.)  Yesterday I explained that we need to go to the N.D. to get her "owie" checked. She put one hand on her hip, threw the other one up in the air and exclaimed, "yeah mom, da doctor needs to listen to my butt because it's burnin! We need to make me all better". I died laughing.

I was super pissed at my husband for going to Krav Maga instead of the N.D. with me. I was really worried and thought they may have to catheterize Lauren to get a urine sample. I had been up the night before watching her fever and worrying because UTI's are not to be taken lightly. I was so scared driving to the appointment I was shaking and I felt like I was going to throw up - I just wished I had some support.  Anyway, they did not cath her and it went better than expected but I still wanted to kick him square in the "twig and berries"....maybe two kicks....and an eye poke! So residual is that I have been a real BITCH today. Oh well....sucks to be him right now.

Lauren is doing better. Just waiting and watching.
4 Responses
  1. K Says:

    What an expression - "twig and berries". I laughed so hard. Must be something with the phase the moon is in. My husband was a complete asshole yesterday too and I sure wanted to give him a kick or two or maybe three.

    But anyways, congrats on the sucessful steak day - that's my plan for today too.


  2. lavenderdiva Says:

    I laughed so hard at 'twigs & berries' too! I hadn't heard that before- I think the stars were aligned 'just so' yesterday, as lots of us had trying circumstances. Glad to hear your little one is on the mend...


  3. Great job on getting down...and Im glad to hear your little one is doing a little better. Thinking of you...


  4. Meli Says:

    Men! Ug! I'm so sorry to hear your poor baby was having such a difficult time.