One Mom's Personal Journey...Back To Herself!

R1 P3 Day 5 156.8 Correction Days
Current:  156.8
+/- LIW: +1.2

Yesterday I was 157.4 and I was coping with my growing anxiety about leaving town for a few days. I didn't want to leave town at +1.8 over LIW and come back +4 over LIW. I am debating on whether or not I will take my scale. It is glass and I am afraid it will get broken. I don't want to see the 160's EVER again!

Let's face it, SET UP! I'm going to Napa and San Francisco- the land of wine, cheese, chocolate and all around culinary delight! I mean really, who skips Ghirardelli Square due to a diet??? Sheesh! Not Moi! Life is too short. Maybe I will really spit the wine out in Napa??? Not likely...I usually throw back and ask for seconds....

So I did some research and read about four different correction days: 1) Egg, 2) Apple and Cheese, 3)Protein and of course 4) Steak Days. From what I gleaned I really shouldn't be doing a Steak Day until I hit 2lbs over and I need to do it immediately upon the day I see the +2 morning weigh in.

Egg Days and Protein Days are suggested as an alternative to Steak Day by others on the HCG forums. They also said you can do a few of these days in a row if need be. I decided to do the egg day because, well let's face it, no food all day and a two year old is not a good combination.

(Example: Mommy?....mommy? ....mommy?....mommy?
......WHAAAAAAAT???????......(repeat infinity).)

Egg day suggestions vary but this is the one I went with (accept I cooked with coconut oil and had a little cashew butter in lieu of cheese and mayo):

3 eggs scrambled for b-fast with 1-2 oz of cheese
3 eggs and 1 tsp mayo and mustard for egg salad for lunch
3 eggs for dinner - over easy or however you like it

They say 8-12 eggs and no other fruit or veggies for the day. This is ALL you eat. You drink your normal ton of liquids.

Basically, this is a great test for egg sensitivity. My stomach hurt last night and I woke up with very sore hands and joints. I only dropped .6 lbs. I'll take it. Today I'm going to swing towards the protein day instead. Maybe that will help me get down a little more before we leave town.
4 Responses
  1. Hi MGM,

    If you can, email me before you go...I have a present for you...

    kellymn72@yahoo.com

    Kelly


  2. indigosfir3 Says:

    It looks like you're doing what it takes to prepare. Great information about protein. Good luck!


  3. Lis Says:

    Good luck while you are gone, but have fun!! I am going to Vegas this weekend and I will be enjoying as well! Good to know about the egg days - thanks for sharing.... it mighgt come in handy when I get back!


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Have fun.