One Mom's Personal Journey...Back To Herself!

R1 VLCD 48 157.2 (-3.8) Wax Off!
I am ecstatic that I went past 40 injections. The last few days losses have been some of the best I have experienced since on protocol. I have been writing my weight on a calendar every day. I tacked it to the wall above my scale. I analyzed the days on protocol by numbering my monthly 30 day cycle and learned that I only lose weight the week after TOM and the week after ovulation. I will definitely capitalize on this in the future!

Spring is in the air and I am looking forward to warmer weather. Last night I was reflecting on warm summer nights with a good friend....camping, smores, chirping crickets, twinkling stars, the dancing flames of a crackling fire, smores....Bathing suit season! Ahhhhhhhh!!!! I am so happy that I might actually enjoy bathing suit shopping this year. ("Enjoy" is a rather strong word to use in the same sentence as bathing suit shopping. but nonetheless, I am forever the hopeful minimizer!)

So in preparation for our upcoming trip to Napa/SF I had my legs waxed and a pedi yesterday. I have a long time girlfriend that does nails and waxing. She works out of her home so I can take my daughter with me. We have known each other for years now and always pick up where we left off.

She is the kind of friend that is a mischievous instigator - nick named me "drunk girl" at girls bunco and put my underwear in the freezer at a sleepover one time! (The only time she has ever seen me drunk) Oh she is mean- she soaked my underwear and propped them over an orange juice can so they looked like an icy igloo in the morning.

Anyway, she always tells me to let my hairy legs grow out for as long as possible before that first waxing. I called her to schedule my appointment and told her I was ready because I looked like I was wearing half an ape suit! (Since she enjoys torturing me I'm wondering if this is just another trick that she delights in.)

I forgot how much the waxing hurts. Just that first Riiiiipppppp! White knuckles holding on to the table. Telling myself "breathe, breathe, go to a happy place!". My daughter even walked up to the table and said, "mommy, can I help you?". I yelled "no, no....save yourself baby!" She took off running for the living room.

I recall when I first met Michele, I was working full time, going to school full time and living on a budget. I discussed a bikini wax with her. I wanted to do it myself - to save money! She told me to use powder before applying the wax. To stretch my skin as tight as I could before removing the strip.

I am a dumb ass sometimes. I didn't have powder and decided to skip that part. I sat on the edge of the tub, applied the hot wax and strip, held my breath and ripped off the strip. I kinda lost my grip and my skin wasn't taught. It hurt so bad I fell off the tub. I looked down and the blood started pooling immediately. I had a huge bruise and chunks of wax on my bikini line.

I found a cotton pad and tried to rub at the wax chunks. The cotton fluff stuck to the wax! I decided to get the nail polish remover out to dissolve the wax! Ahhhhhh! I think after that I passed out. So there I was, I had a very fluffy white and purple bikini line! Good thing I didn't attempt a Brazilian.
4 Responses
  1. lavenderdiva Says:

    OUCH!! I do my own waxing, but the powder & holding your skin taut is key. It is so much less painful and less stressful if you can have someone else do it though! There is a product that Sally Beauty sells that is a liquid that dissolves the stuck-on wax, and there's another product that helps soothes the irritated areas. They both really do help.


  2. K Says:

    Sorry - didn't mean to laugh but I was by the end of your post. The story is hilarious! Congrats on the good losses and hope the pain subsides soon.


  3. I was hoping you guys would laugh! I stopped doing my own waxing except my eyebrows. It is just safer that way! Some things should not be cut out of the budget. :)


  4. I agree, I think I may enjoy bathing suit shopping as well, especially after losing 58 pounds! And ilove your idea about the calendar, I'd love to know what I do around my cycle. I may just try it!