One Mom's Personal Journey...Back To Herself!

Choo Choo....or Chew Chew???
Friday I took the train to Seattle with a girlfriend. It was a well deserved break and my own Mo's day celebration. First time Lauren spent the night with daddy - or the first time he took care of her all night since she was born. They figured it out just fine....knew they would. I packed a ribeye salad with blackberries and balsamic and a bottle of wine for the train. (Note to self - vinegar not good for travel. Makes the train smell like a big douche!)

We spent the night at the Hyatt Olive 8 which I loved. It is brand spanking new and is the first LEED hotel in Seattle. We were able to walk everywhere from there. We went shopping then to Tini Bigs Martini Lounge - anti climactic! The Space Needle was awesome at night. Munched on late night happy hour at Urbane and ate mac and cheese - stomach killed me all night and I seriously considered making myself throw up. I am not doing very well adding dairy back in.

Arose early on Saturday morning and walked to Pike Market before the crowds showed up. I got a couple of great gadgets at Sur La Table - a zester and tea infuser. We went to the Chocolate Box - so fun because they sell unique chocolates from local chocolatiers - Theo's chili chocolate is becoming a new vice for me. Love that after burn! Yummy. Theo is the first organic fair trade chocolate factory in the country.

Lush was the best and I found an incredible natural body butter bar that melts on contact with your skin. It smells like heaven - honey and cocoa butter. I'm thinking it is a great skin conditioner right now especially with the weight loss. (Lauren keeps following me around sniffing me after I put it on.)

Anyway, I had a little mad money so I spent without guilt. Hubby even commended me on my self control because he had checked the accounts. I loved when they picked me up at the train station and Lauren was so happy to see me.  She was jumping up and down SCREAMING mama, mama!

Sunday we just went to lunch for Mother's Day because my husband had made no plans and didn't get me a gift or card, nada. I was crushed. I'm glad I did my own celebrating because it seemed to take the sting out and I bit my tongue instead of ripping him a new asshole!
Diet is shot to hell right now......
4 Responses
  1. indigosfir3 Says:

    OOpS! Well you did enjoy yourself and you'll be on track in no time. Great blog!


  2. lavenderdiva Says:

    Trust me, I can identify with blowing the diet! I'm on my own spiral. You'll get back on track soon. You've had your hands full lately-


  3. K Says:

    Sometimes a time out is okay - life is short. Getting back on the bike is the main thing. Sounds like you had a great time - makes me think I need my own weekend away. Sounds divine about now!


  4. Meli Says:

    Your pics are great though. I would have totally gone off the diet with all that great food around.