One Mom's Personal Journey...Back To Herself!

R1 P4 D5 - 156.8 Agave - Say It Isn't So!
Current Weight: 156.8
+/- LIW: (+1.2)

Weight was down today after eating a billion mini muffins yesterday???? And then there's agave....

O Agave how I love you....let me count the ways (or not). You guys scared the crap out of me yesterday - as my brother would say, "what??? we can't give up all of our vices". His vices started way further up on the vices hierarchy (up near the ones you light on fire and smoke). He made that statement after he gave up all his vices and his coffee was threatened. I am with him on the coffee....don't f*in go there!!!!

Interesting read on the Agave. Apparently if you use the Organic Raw Blue Agave you are better off. It is processed without chemicals at 118 degrees so it is not as refined. I was using this type purely by accident but I am glad to know this. Of course there is the "M" word again - MODERATION!

There is so much to consider when using sweeteners and it really depends on the status of your own health and your own concerns and risk factors. I still hesitate with honey because Lauren has had such a battle with allergies and her immune system and possible bacteria is a concern for me. Yesterday she got diarrhea from eating 3 dried apricots. She is so sensitive.

On the other hand if fructose and liver disease or blood sugars are a concern in your family you may make another decision. Different sweeteners have a different impact on insulin and blood sugar levels or weight loss.

As always, there are no easy answers but I'm glad you made me think about it! Maybe I'll stop taking shots straight from the agave bottle.....maybe.....
5 Responses
  1. lavenderdiva Says:

    I know- it seems like you hear about something else you thought was OK, being bad for you all the time. I'm still trying to convince my MIL that margarine ISN'T better for you than real butter!! And low-fat isn't good for you!


  2. K Says:

    Thanks for the comment you left me. I bought my injections from yourhcgdiet.com too. Fran was very helpful. I sent another email to see if maybe they reconsidered shipping to Canada. Otherwise, I'll go with the drops for now. It's funny you mention the shorter round. I was doing a lot of research this afternoon on the exact same strategy. The common thread throughout is that a very strict P3 and then P4 is vital to success once you do the final round and are at the weight you want to be at. Otherwise, doing shorter P2s followed by shorter P3s seems to have worked for them. But I'm still a newbie so I will make the decision after a bit more research. I'll be interested to see what you decide to do.
    I have stabilized and am alway at +/- 2-3 pounds from the LIW. I'm not too worried about the extra 1 pound because it's stable across the board.

    Really interested in the title of the book "Love is a choice". I think I will check it out.


  3. Kaveman Says:

    I, too, am struggling with the blue agave sweetener. I just got a belly fat buster book, or something like that, and the person who wrote it just thrashes agave as just a simple sugar with an agenda. His recommendations are for stevia (which I think is nasty) and the sugar alcohols, which can cause lower GI issues.


  4. I did get hooked on the liquid vanilla stevia while on hcg.


  5. Cant wait to be back in P4-struggling this round. And re the agave, no worries...if that is your only vice in addition to coffee, thats not a problem at all...glad to hear you are doing well.