One Mom's Personal Journey...Back To Herself!

R1 P4 D21 159 - Ménage à Trois
Yesterday I was barracuda cranky! First thing in the morning my 2 year old (fit) kicked over my entire (first) cup of coffee on the carpet. I got to use the new bissel steam cleaner...then scrub with oxyclean....then bissel.....scrub..etc

During my 2 hour clean up she peppered me with a slew of requests, can you change my diaper?...can I have some food?...can I watch Dora????....mama what are you doing????? It took every ounce to keep it together. I snapped a couple of times and she booked out of the room.

We had "The Talk" about how it wasn't an accident if it occured because of a fit and "appropriate behavior" and we hugged and made up and moved on. Soon after I noticed TOM showed up and I thought she was lucky to have survived the incident!

We went shopping for lots of meat and some new red wine to try. (Still Cranky and the lack of food didn't help because I had already commited to a steak day.) I have been looking for a red wine I love that isn't expensive so I can drink it for my 1 or 2 glasses a day and buy by the case. 

Blowing off steam, we shop in toys and clothes and then she poops her diaper so we go back out to the car, but, I decide to purchase the clothes and toys first. She announces to everyone in line she went poo poo! I laugh hysterically.

We return to the store with toys and I spend a lot of time shopping and getting peppered with more 2 year old demands and comments while reading labels and shopping for the wine I want to try next. I'm totally ready to snap or cry from a ton of anxiety but I buck up and carry on.

In the wine section I am scanning for the wines I have researched and Lauren says for the 20th time, "mama can we go home?", I respond...."as soon as I have enough wine in this cart we can go home sweetie!". I bust up laughing because it was better than crying at that point. I spin around to face a woman (with toddler) who's expression reflects that of utter shock and disgust in response to my wine comment. (I make a mental observation that she and I would NEVER be friends and wheel away towards the ribeye steaks.)

I ended up grabbing a bottle of Ménage à Trois Red because I have heard on 4 separate occasions from complete strangers that it is good and cheap. Let's face it....you won't forget the name of that one either.

Driving home I watch Lauren in the rearview mirror while repeatedly chanting in my head "please fall asleep" and I have a fleeting thought about how I might start drinking the Ménage à Trois if I could suck the cork out of the bottle. Uh- hem, that's illegal and wrong (have I mentioned I'm married to law enforcement???) so I stick with the Theo chocolate. Lauren falls asleep, I get a well deserved break.

At home I waived my steak a couple of times over the foreman to warm it up. I had 2 glasses of wine. I liked the wine- juicy blackberry chased by pepper and good aftertaste. I'm no expert but that is what I like. The last wine I tried before that sucked - Ruggero Di Tasso Nero D'Avola.

It was more like rubbing alcohol followed by an old shoe aftertaste. My cousin gave it to me commenting on how expensive it was. I decided to look it up to see if it got good reviews or if it was considered a good wine and why???? and maybe my pallet was off??? I had a much needed laugh - Trader Joe's $4.99. She is a funny cookie!

I dropped 1 lb from steak day and today I am doing a chicken day.
4 Responses
  1. helderheid Says:

    OMG, you had me in STITCHES with this post! I really like Ménage à Trois, by the way. I belong to a wine club and love trying new bottles! You are a woman after my own heart. Every steak day includes wine. I consider it my fruit ;)

    Congrats on the drop!

    By the way, you and I would TOTALLY be friends. :P


  2. A woman after my own heart, you are. And I think we're cycling together, though TOMs not due to arrive for another 8 days...ugh! ministeak day without the wine for me on VLCD33...will it ever end?


  3. K Says:

    Aren't two year olds fun?? I could have taken a story very similiar out of my own repetoire.

    I just love the looks from nosey-nosersteins. If I'm in the mood I always have something sarcastic to say to them which sends them into even more shock.

    Have fun loading this weekend. We'll be only less than a week off schedule so we can still compare notes.


  4. indigosfir3 Says:

    Good loss! Keep it up, right?!