One Mom's Personal Journey...Back To Herself!

Going Organic!
Oh the humanity! I am still waiting for my hCG and trying to keep my own hype and excitement up. I was hoping to load on Superbowl Sunday but no such luck. Not that I didn't end up doing a pre-load....um....load. At the party I controlled myself, for a moment. For at least two trips to the food abyss. I tip toed around. Snuck up and ate a couple carrots, etc. Then wham! I tripped over 2 cups of Merlot (via dixie cup) and soon after did my best swan dive into the deep end of the "all you can eat buffet". (More like a belly flop.)

I always pay when I do that. I have been paying all week. I woke up with hands, joints and feet aching. Eczema broken out on my face and hands. The joint pain started after my first pregnancy (along with a gallbladder attack). I have always had allergies but they have really kicked in. Unfortunately my daughter has them too. After her second birthday they became so severe. She was covered in rash and hyperactive. She had bouts of diarrhea and vomiting. She couldn't sleep very well. (Little nursing co-sleeper - don't give me crap about it!)

It took a lot of work to figure out what to do to help her. There is nothing worse than seeing your baby suffer! The naturopath helped the most. Main stream medicine only suggested cortisone and did nothing to prevent her reactions. She is on an elimination diet with no dairy, wheat/gluten, eggs, corn, sugar and peanuts. There are many foods she only eats very occasionally and in moderation. She takes vitamin D, antihistamine, probiotics, fish oil and epsom salt baths. Since I was nursing I did it too. Guess what? Not only did it help her it cleared up my allergies, joint pain, gallbladder attacks, etc.

Taking care of my daughter taught me to take better care of myself. I am no longer nursing but I have not gone back to my old way of eating. The physical discomfort reinforces that decision every time I cheat. Best of all I stopped packing on weight and started to slowly lose weight! I am so happy that the way I have been eating will dove tail into the hCG diet before and after. These changes are not going to be a huge leap for me.

I shop at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's now for 90% of our food. Some of the things I love to eat now are organic foods and food such as kale, bok choy, tofu, hummus, soy ice cream, foods made with alternative grains, agave, coconut oil, and without preservatives and hormones. I avoid chemical sugar substitutes. I drink green tea and coffee with soy milk. I use agave if I want it sweet. (I will miss the soy milk and agave on hCG. I secretly suck agave shots straight from the bottle if I have a major sweet tooth.)

I don't have to worry as much about going back to old eating habits. This time I changed my habits and now I am going to dump the weight! I am optimistic that my health will forever be improved. My daughter will never be hooked on junk/fast food and hopefully won't have to go through what I have been through. I am looking forward to focusing on fitness more and setting goals like running my first 5k.

This is the short of it. I wanted to write about why I eat like this, what my hopes are and to also say that two of my favorite resources for recipes and inspiration are glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com and babycakesnyc.com. Cheers to these ladies!
1 Response
  1. Neil Adams Says:

    Hi, thanks for the interesting info. Got very nice info. Share as much as you can and help others. Thank you.
    I am also here to share some informative solutions. You have medicine available for almost every disease, medical problem, Buy Ivermectin Online for the treatment of parasitic roundworm infections. All these drugs and more generic drugs you can find online at the onlinegenericmedicine.com trusted pharmacy store in USA.