One Mom's Personal Journey...Back To Herself!

R1 VLCD 11 172 (-.4) Feeling Inspired Today

I had a good 30 minutes to sit and peruse the Sunset (West) magazine last night while sipping on chamomile tea. (Husband at Krav Maga and baby went to bed early, yea!) I was very inspired by an article I read about the "Vegetable King" Chef Jeremy Fox and his restaurant in Napa called Ubuntu (Ubuntunapa.com). He has his own garden and believes in cooking and eating vegetables in a whole natural state, skin and all. I'm not a vegetarian but I certainly appreciate the philosophy and rather enjoy eating a vegetarian meal that is full of fresh natural ingredients. Since "going organic" with my daughter I have personally experienced the benefits.

I am so excited that we just planned a trip to Napa/San Francisco and I am going to challenge myself to seek out this restaurant and try it. Words cannot describe how much I adore this area. It is truly romantic and full of beauty. I remember our first visit, I just fell in love! I will never forget the morning that I arose early and snuck out leaving snoring bear behind in bed (not an early riser). I grabbed a cup of java at Starbucks and took off on a road I didn't know, to explore. (Obviously before baby - now I sneak out with her.)

I was floating down the back country road, Americano in hand, Sinatra crooning in the background (can't remember the song - who cares they are all magical), and then I popped up over this little hill and there it was. Boom, the sun burst through the fog that was gently rolling down the vineyard covered hills. Sun and fog combined to make the most glorious rays that spilled over lavender and mustard fields. Hot air balloons silently hovered - so many I couldn't count. They too were illuminated by the sun and their colors burst to life. I gasped! It was so magnificent I purposely paused and etched it into my memory.

I have been spending more time lately trying to recall what inspires me, what are my passions? Hopes and dreams? Telling myself I need to be bold. I need to seize opportunities. Live life! The great thing about taking care of my health is that it enables me to do that and also gives me confidence. If you are reading this - please join me. What inspires you?
0 Responses